“I was hunting a tool to convert Spotify to MP3 as well as download Spotify playlist to MP3. So I could put on a USB drive and play the music in my car. Any advises?” – Reddit
Spotify is a subscription music platform that enables you to enjoy millions of songs, podcasts, and videos from artists around the world. Due to Spotify DRM copy protection, you can’t download and convert Spotify songs to MP3 even you are a subscriber.
Then, how to solve the problem for listening Spotify MP3 songs on Mac, Windows, iPhone or Android? Check the article below.
Why Not Use the Official Plans to Convert Spotify to MP3?
There are two tiers of subscription plans on Spotify, Free, and Premium. Everyone can sign up a 30-day free account for playing music with Spotify web player.
As for Premium version, it comes with more functions, like offline listening, no ads, unlimited skips, etc. But the limits and inadequacies are also obvious:
- It needs cost $9.99 per month to subscribe to Premium service.
- Can only download Spotify songs to 3 separate devices and 10000 audio tracks in total.
- Spotify will delete the offline music if you are not online within 30 days.
- Unable to download Spotify to MP3 files, but to download the cache DRM OGG files because of DRM restrictions
Admittedly, official plans have lots of limitations and don’t support to convert Spotify to MP3. Thus, you need a shrewd Spotify to mp3 converter to help you out of trouble.
How to Convert Spotify to MP3 Free Online?
Google search results are full of so-called free Spotify to MP3 converters online, such as soundiiz.com, mp3fy.com, playlist-converter.net, and spoty-mp3.com. Unfortunately, none of them are useful for Spotify to MP3 conversion.
Soundiiz.com– transferring Spotify music data to streaming platforms, like Apple Music, Tidal, Google Play Music, Deezer, etc.
Mp3fy.com, Playlist-converter.net– doesn’t work for me.
Spoty-mp3.com– the website has gone. It will remind you to install the Flash Player. Never have to download it. It’s the weknow.ac browser hijacker.
According to my test, spotdl.com is the most reliable Spotify to mp3 converter free online. It prides itself on producing powerful, being so easy to use, and making it available free of charge.
- Copy one of the Spotify link.
- Paste it to the spotdl search bar.
- Click the green “Convert” button.
- Your Spotify music will be downloaded to MP3.
- Download up 500 playlists and songs to MP3 per month
- No additional software or packs required
- No need to register an account
- Fast and simple
- Limited sound quality of 128kbps
- No song metadata
There is also an upgrade version. Only paying $5/ month, you will become the membership of spotdl.com, enjoying the use of unlimited song downloads, higher music quality, etc.
Can Chrome Extension Convert Spotify to MP3 without Premium?
Sure if pick the right extensions.
People tend to recommend Deezify, but I haven’t found it on the Chrome Web Store. The tools I tested are Spotify & Deezer Music Downloader, DZR Music and Spotiload (former Spotify Vk Downloader).
Spotiload– it can detect files on vk.com with the same name as songs in Spotify web player, which is more popular in Russian-speaking areas.
Spotify & Deezer Music Downloader, DZR Music– robust utilities aimed to download the whole playlists or the single track from Spotify and Deezer Webplayers.
Of the above three Chrome Spotify to MP3 converters, the one that gets the most praise is Spotify & Deezer Music Downloader. Try out the tool to download Spotify songs to MP3 from web player directly.
- Add the extension to Chrome.
- Go to the Spotify web player.
- Find the album/playlist/track that you want to download.
- Click the green “Download” buttons next to the tracks. The Spotify music will be downloaded as MP3 files.
- Completely a free Spotify to MP3 converter
- Easy to download the whole album in batches
- Failed to download files sometimes
- A certain amount of songs are missing in the library
Top 3 Best Spotify to MP3 converters for Mac & Windows without Recording
#1. Ondesoft Spotify Converter
- Download Spotify music for offline listening
- Convert the tracks to MP3, WAV or FLAC, etc.
- Preserve high-quality music quality
- Remain metadata information and ID3 tags
- Not free, $39.95/lifetime
- Have to install Spotify
Step 1. Run Ondesoft Spotify to MP3 Converter on your device. Spotify will be launched voluntarily.
Step 2. Drag & drop Spotify songs from Spotify app to the converter main interface. All songs will be checked by default.
Step 3. Click the Options button on the top > choose MP3 as output format > Click the Save button.
Step 4. Convert Spotify to MP3 on Mac or Windows by clicking the Convert button.
#2. AudFree Spotify Music Converter
- Remove DRM protection
- Download Spotify playlists, albums, and songs
- Besides MP3, also converting Spotify music to WAV, M4A, M4B, etc.
- Zero quality loss and 5x Spotify to MP3 converting speed
- Charged, $29.95/lifetime
- Have an issue to run with Windows Store version of Spotify software
Step 1. Launched the software, official Spotify app will be opened as well.
Step 2. Add Spotify songs, playlists or album by dragging or paste the links.
Step 3. Navigate to menu bar -> Preference to open a new window, in which you can pick MP3 as target format.
Step 4. Click the Convert button to start DRM removal and music conversion.
#3. TunePat Spotify Converter
- Free to Download music from Spotify
- Convert Spotify to different audio formats, including MP3
- Keep ID3 tags, like title, artist, artwork, track number, etc.
- No need to install the Spotify app
- Paid, $39.95/lifetime
- English UI available only
Step 1. Launch the TunePat Spotify to MP3 converter on Mac or Windows.
Step 2. Log in your Spotify account.
Step 3. Click on the gear icon to select the output format- MP3.
Step 4. Open a Spotify playlist or album > click on add music button > choose the songs that you are going to convert.
Step 5. Click Convert button to download Spotify songs to MP3.
How to Download Spotify to MP3 on iPhone & Android?
#1. Siri Shortcut for iPhone
Siri Shortcuts offers hundreds of shortcuts in the Gallery, and you can create your own one from any app on your iPhone.
Step 1. Create a shortcut called Spotify to MP3.
Step 2. Copy the link of Spotify track
Step 3. Run the shortcut to download music.
Step 4. Open the Files app, and choose iCloud > Shortcuts > Music to convert Spotify song to MP3.
#2. Deezloader for Android
Deezloader is the dream of Android users who are interested in music. It’s light and fully customizable. The uncluttered interface lets you download Spotify to MP3 that can even be set as a ringtone, and no need to launch a media scan.
- Download high-quality Spotify music to MP3 at 320KBPs
- Display the metadata info, like artwork, track name, number, release year, etc.
- Search Spotify songs with the brilliant filters
- No ads
Step 1. Search the Spotify song, playlist or album you would like to download.
Step 2. Press and hold the track.
Step 3. Hit the download button at the lower right corner. The Spotify music will be downloaded to MP3 format at once.
Record Spotify to MP3 Would Also be Helpful
There are numerous apps that can be used to record Spotify to MP3, no matter for desktop or phone, such as Voice Memos app (iPhone), Titanium Recorder (Android), Record MP3 Online, Apowersoft Audio Recorder (Mac & Windows). These apps are very easy to operate. Taking Apowersoft Audio Recorder as an example, steps are followed:
- Launch the software on your Mac or Windows.
- Play a song from Spotify that needs to be recorded.
- Click the “Start” button to record the song.
- Hit the “Stop” button once the recording ends. Your Spotify track will be listed as MP3 by default in built-in library.
Apowersoft Audio Recorder is a professional audio recorder that I highly recommend. Not only can it record Spotify to MP3, but also from any source. Plus, the output format is not limited to MP3, you can choose other audio formats either, like WMA, AAC, M4R, M4A, OGG, FLAC, WAV, etc.
That’s all the ways and tools to convert Spotify songs to MP3 I have tested. If no special cases occurred, I will pick the Spotify to MP3 converters free online. They are the best options for saving time and money, conversion speed, and convenience, without a doubt.
Periscope, acquired by Twitter in 2015, ensures you to watch live streaming videos or make your own indelible broadcasts. It [...]
The popularity of K-pop continues globally, many fans are looking for different platforms to communicate with their idols. While, V [...]
KeepVid.com is one of the most used online video downloaders. Unfortunately, KeepVid shut down the video download service in March [...]